What is it?
A disabled parking space is a parking space meant for people with a physical disability. Whenever there are parking problems in your street, it is possible to obtain a personal disabled parking space near your house. This parking space is linked to your license plate. To qualify for a personal parking space you must possess a valid disabled person’s parking card. At the personal parking space a special road sign will be placed with your license plate number.
You apply for a disabled parking space at the municipality.
How does it work?
You are eligible for a personal disabled parking space under the following conditions:
- You possess a disabled person’s parking card or you are in the process of obtaining one and want to obtain a parking space at the same time.
- Parking in the immediate vicinity of your home or destination is often not possible because the available parking spaces are usually occupied. If the walking distance is less than 50 meters, the disabled parking space will be made without looking at the parking situation.
- The safety and the use of the road cannot be disturbed by the construction of a disabled parking space.
- It is not possible to construct a parking space on your own property, for example in your garden.
You apply for a disabled parking space at the municipality. Mention your license plate number and clearly indicate where you want the parking space to be constructed.
How long does it take?
Within 8 weeks you will receive a reply from the municipality. After that it will take several weeks before the parking space is constructed.
What are the costs?
- The construction of a disabled parking space: €368,30 (excluding costs for medical examination for disabled person’s parking card)
- Relocating disabled parking space because of a movement: €171,30
- Replacing disabled parking space because of change in the license plate number: €109,25
Arrange it online
The municipality Wassenaar works with DigiD. For more information on DigiD(externe link)
Stands for Digital Identity and is being used to arrange something with a (semi) governmental organization on the Internet. Anyone who has a citizen service number (BSN number) and is registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP) can apply for a DigiD.
If this is not the case for you, we kindly request you to make an appointment or Contact the municipality | Wassenaar.
The municipality Wassenaar works with eIDAS. For more information on eIDAS.(externe link)
(Electronic Identification Authentication and trust Services) is a method conducted by the European Union (EU) to make cross-border usage of the national digital identity method possible. Logging in, at the moment, can only be done with the national digital identity methods from the following member states of the EU: Belgium, Germany, Estonia, Italy, Croatia, Luxembourg and Spain.
If you are not from one of these countries, we kindly request you to make an appointment or Contact the municipality | Wassenaar.